I’m unvaccinated. Am I required to get tested prior to move-in or attending classes?
Yes, you are required to submit a negative COVID test result dated within 72 hours prior to or upon arrival on campus. If you don’t have access to testing at your current locations, we will have testing available on-site at Loyola. You cannot resume in-person classes until your negative test result has been approved.
Self-administered rapid testing is available upon arrival through Student Health for unvaccinated students:
- Pick up an Ellume test at the Student Affairs suite, room 205, second floor above Starbucks in the Danna Center, available M – F, 8:30 a.m. – 4:45 p.m., Sept 13 – 17
- Administer the test yourself following the instructions
- Download the app to interpret your results
- Upload results into the Public Health Portal (it can take up to 24 hours to verify your results)
- If you need immediate assistance/clearance/compliance verification, the Public Health team will be on-site M – F, 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. in the Student Affairs suite, room 205, second floor directly above Starbucks in the Danna Center
I’m fully vaccinated. Am I required to get tested prior to arrival on campus?
No. However, if you begin to experience any symptoms of COVID, or if you are concerned about a potential exposure at any point prior to your scheduled return date, please do not return to campus. Get tested at your current location.
Please continue to email email@example.com to report positive COVID results or confirmed exposures. If you need assistance in finding a testing site, the public health team is happy to help. You can schedule a virtual visit with them for help with testing or any other questions you may have.
For your first week back, we recommend that you limit activities to essential functions like going to medical appointments, getting groceries, and picking up personal care items. We also recommend that you limit the number of people you’re around outside of your household and maintain social distance, as evacuation travel increases the possibility of exposure to COVID. As always, if you begin to experience any symptoms of COVID, please call SHS at 504.865.3326 for testing and evaluation.
Where can I get tested prior to arrival on campus?
If you would like to get tested prior to arrival on campus, you may go to any local pharmacy or community site offering testing.
How do I log into Loyola’s Public Health Portal?
Go to the Public Health Portal or access the portal from the "Quick Links" page through your Single Sign On (SSO) by clicking on the "Medicat Public Health Portal" button. You'll be asked to log in using the following credentials:
- Your username is your full Loyola email address. For example: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your password is your Microsoft password. If you have changed your Microsoft password, use what you changed it to. If you have not yet changed your Microsoft password, the default password is the first two letters of your first name, followed by the last 4 digits of your social security number, then an uppercase LU. For example: abXXXXLU
How do I add my test results to the portal?
Uploading test results on the portal:
- Log into Loyola’s Public Health Portal (if you need help logging in, check this page)
- Click the “Upload” tab in the navigation
- Scroll down to the section that says “Documents available to be uploaded:”
- Choose the document you are uploading in the "Choose document you are uploading" drop down menu: “Post IDA - COVID-19 Test Result”
- Click Select File and locate the file on your computer or smartphone.
- Click the Upload button. The document will be listed below as a confirmation that the test results were successfully uploaded.
If your results are positive, call SHS at 504.865.3326 during business hours, Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., or LUPD after hours or on weekends at 504.865.3434.