What is the COVID testing requirement for the Spring 2022 semester?
All students, vaccinated and unvaccinated, must submit a negative COVID test result prior to returning to campus. The test can either be rapid or PCR and must be taken within 48 hours prior to arrival to campus. You will not be able to move into the residence halls or attend in-person classes if you fail to take a COVID test and submit your negative test results. If you test positive for COVID prior to move-in, you will NOT be allowed to isolate on campus.
Where can I get tested prior to arrival on campus?
Appointments can typically be scheduled a week in advance at Walgreens and CVS. New Orleans has community testing sites at various locations. If you are outside of the New Orleans area, check the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services for free testing sites near you. Inexpensive rapid tests are also available for purchase at many pharmacies and on Amazon.
For more testing locations in the New Orleans area, view the "Get Tested for COVID-19" section on this page.
How do I log into Loyola’s Public Health Portal?
Go to the Public Health Portal or access the portal from the "Quick Links" page through your Single Sign On (SSO) by clicking on the "Medicat Public Health Portal" button. You'll be asked to log in using the following credentials:
- Your username is your full Loyola email address. For example: email@example.com
- Your password is your Microsoft password. If you have changed your Microsoft password, use what you changed it to. If you have not yet changed your Microsoft password, the default password is the first two letters of your first name, followed by the last 4 digits of your social security number, then an uppercase LU. For example: abXXXXLU
If you cannot sign in, go to office.com to reset your Microsoft password. If you need assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org using your Loyno email address or call the Help Desk at 504.865.2255.
How do I add my test results to the portal?
Uploading test results on the portal:
- Log into Loyola’s Public Health Portal
- Click the “Upload” tab in the navigation
- Scroll down to the section that says “Documents available to be uploaded:”
- Choose the document you are uploading in the "Choose document you are uploading" drop down menu: “January 2022 - COVID-19 Test Result”
- Click Select File and locate the file on your computer or smartphone.
- Click the Upload button. The document will be listed below as a confirmation that the test results were successfully uploaded.
If your results are positive, call SHS at 504.865.3326 during business hours, Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., or LUPD after hours or on weekends at 504.865.3434.