When will practices and league play resume?
We will follow all guidelines laid out by the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA). Following their guidance, we will reach out to student athletes when more information becomes available. View NAIA COVID-19 Resources for more information.
How will you reduce the risk of student athletes spreading illness?
Coaches and student athletes will be trained on symptom awareness, social distancing in athletic events, and infection prevention and control. We will also increase cleaning services in athletics common areas and provide additional self-cleaning resources to student athletes.
Will my athletic scholarship be maintained?
Yes. We are committed to honoring your athletic scholarship.
Can students return for a fifth season since the NAIA canceled spring sports?
Yes. Student-athletes competing in spring sports have been granted a fifth season of competition by the NAIA.
Is the University Sports Complex open?
The University Sports Complex (USC) is planning to reopen on Monday, August 17, with the following facility operating the hours:
- Monday–Friday: 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Saturday: 9 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Sunday: 1 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Download the app MemberMe+ to stay up to date with the USC schedule!
What changes have you made to the University Sports Complex?
Cardio equipment has been appropriately socially distanced and maximum occupancy has been posted for the swimming pool, weight rooms, aerobics room, and locker rooms. We will manage these areas on a first come, first serve basis. A mask is required to be worn at all times.
Additionally, services such as towels and equipment rental will not be offered at this time. You are encouraged to bring your own towel, yoga mat, basketball, etc. Guests will be permitted at a later date.
Guests will be asked to wipe down equipment before and after each use. We ask that everyone maintain social distance while working out and navigating the facility.
- Masks must be properly worn at ALL times.
- Sanitize your equipment before and after use.
- No competitive basketball (includes 1-on-1 and 2-on-2). Shoot around only. One person per hoop.
- Follow all capacity signs.
What are the USC swimming pool guidelines?
Please follow these protocols when using the USC swimming pool:
- Maximum capacity of three people per lane.
- Odd-numbered lanes enter from the starting block side, even number lanes enter from the bulkhead.
- Maximum capacity of seven people in the shallow end.
- 15 people allowed on deck at once, with social distancing required.
- 9 people on the terrace at once, with social distancing required.
- Those not swimming must wear masks.
When will community memberships be reactivated?
Starting August 17, community memberships will be reactivated. If you have questions regarding your membership, group ex, or personal training, please contact Tim Kettenring at email@example.com or 504.864.7374.
Who can I contact with general questions about the University Sports Complex?