What buildings are closed on campus?
Effective through August 1, the following buildings will remain closed and locked:
- Thomas Hall
- Stallings Hall
- Bobet Hall (Open briefly on Sundays for morning Mass in Ignatius Chapel)
- Greenville Hall
- Whelan Child Care Center
- The Broadway campus, including the law library and the Stuart H. Smith Law Clinic and Center for Social Justice
- Recreational Sports Plex
- The J. Edgar & Louise S. Monroe Library
- Residence Halls
The following dining options inside DSC will remain closed:
- Original Burger Company
- Smoothie King
- Orleans Room To Go
- The Market C-store
- Cafe at the Broadway campus
Will any campus buildings be open with swipe card access?
Yes. Effective through August 1, the following buildings will have limited access to those with proper identification:
The Music/Communications Complex will remain locked, but will be accessible with card access from 7 a.m. – 11 p.m. Inside, the following labs/classrooms will remain unlocked:
- All first-floor practice rooms
- Common areas
- CM 328 - Maroon Newsroom
- CM 402 - J. Michael Early Studio
- CM 422 - Filmmaking Studio
- CM 330 - Brand Lab
- CM 331 - Donnelley Center
- CM 324
- CM 329
- CM 435
- CM 439
Monroe Hall: Classrooms will remain locked but will be accessible with card access from 7 a.m. – 11 p.m.
Miller Hall: The lab will be accessible from 8 a.m. – 10 p.m., Monday through Thursday, from 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. on Friday, and from 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Card swipe will be installed on the main door to prevent having to open the entire building.
Mercy Hall will have special daytime hours.
Marquette Hall will be opened for the President’s Office, as needed.
Will any buildings on campus stay open?
Yes, select buildings will be open to students, faculty, and staff on an as-needed basis. We ask that all guests respect best practices for social distancing.
Danna Student Center
- Monday – Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday – Sunday from 11:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Available by appointment only, Tuesdays from 2 – 3 p.m. and Wednesdays from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. These summer hours are effective May 11 – August 15.
- Please call Student Health Services at 504.865.3326 to schedule a time to visit.
Student Health Services
In compliance with recommendations from our partners at Ochsner Healthcare system, Loyola Student Health Services (SHS) is moving to an appointment-only system.
Students seeking treatment should call SHS at 504.865.3326 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. – 4:45 p.m., Monday – Friday to schedule an appointment. No walk-ins will be accepted. Please call if you have any questions, and remember, 24/7 virtual appointments are available via the Ochsner Anywhere app.
The telemedicine room will be available 8:30 a.m. – 4:45 p.m., Monday – Friday. The key can be picked up from the Student Health clinic located on the first floor of the Danna Student Center.
Our virtual clinic has been relocated to Buddig Hall and is accessible 24/7. If you reside in Buddig, you can simply swipe into the clinic. For Loyola faculty, staff and students who don’t live in Buddig, but wish to access the clinic, call LUPD at 504.865.3434 to get access.
If you have a confirmed case of COVID 19, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for follow-up.
Starting Monday, May 11, the Orleans Room is offering boxed meal pickup during the once-daily time:
Monday – Sunday: 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Guests may pick up hot lunch, boxed dinner, and continental breakfast items during this designated pickup time.
Loyola Barnes and Noble Bookstore
- Open to Loyola students, with limited hours of operation
- The Post Office will be open Wednesdays and Thursdays from 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- For specific questions about a package, contact the post office at 504.865.2130 or email email@example.com
What facilities are available virtually by phone/email?
University Counseling Center
- Available online for appointments Monday–Friday from 8:30 a.m.–4:45 p.m.
- Counselor on-call available 24/7 for a mental health crisis at 504.865.3835
Student Health Services
- For students staying off-campus, SHS is available for phone consultation at 504.865.3326
- Office hours are Monday–Friday from 8:30 a.m.–4:45 p.m. by appointment only
- Use Ochsner Anywhere Care
- The Ochsner On Call nurse consultation line is available 24/7 at 1.800.231.5257
Office of Accessible Education
- Appointments available through the OAE webpage
- Your Counselor can visit with you via phone, Google Meet or Zoom.
Pan-American Life Student Success Center
Our team is available remotely via video conferencing (Zoom), text messaging, Google chat, email, and telephone. To make an appointment with an Advisor-Coach, select the YouCanBookMe link for any member of our staff, select your preferred method for meeting, and choose your preferred day and time. All questions or other concerns can be directed to Dr. Paul Buehler, director of advising and coaching (firstname.lastname@example.org, or pbuehler.youcanbook.me).
- Nydia Araya (nydiaaraya.youcanbook.me/)
- Veronica Aviles (veronica-aviles.youcanbook.me/)
- Paul Buehler (pbuehler.youcanbook.me)
- Edouard Crago (edcrago.youcanbook.me)
- Josh Harris (joshharris.youcanbook.me)
- Loyola will continue to offer a live streamed Mass from Ignatius Chapel on Sundays at 10:30 a.m. You can find the link to watch the Mass here. Currently, in-person attendees are limited to those pre-approved by a closed sign-up process.