Back to Top


I am at higher risk for coronavirus. What options are available to me?

If you need to teach online for the duration of the pandemic as a precautionary risk-reduction measure, the university will accommodate all reasonable requests. Contact your dean for assistance. The ADA reasonable accommodations process is coordinated through Human Resources. You can contact Heather Blanchard at for 504.864.7896 or assistance with the interactive process.

What if I become sick with COVID-19?

Under no circumstances should you teach while experiencing symptoms of COVID-19. Depending on the severity of illness, you may continue instruction through online delivery or a backup instructor can be assigned. Please work with your chair and dean as needed. 

Please report your illness using the Public Health Portal on the "Quick Links" page through SSO. 

I have a student who has shared with me that they are experiencing financial difficulty as a result of this crisis. Is there someone at Loyola they can speak to about emergency aid or financial options?

Yes, they should speak with Mary Musso, director of Student Financial Services. She may be reached via email at Questions may also be sent to Student Financial Services at; this account is being monitored daily.

Is BIT still meeting? How do I report issues of concern?

Yes, Loyola’s Behavioral Intervention Team (BIT) continues to meet virtually on a weekly basis.

  • To report potential violations of the Student Code of Conduct, use this link. 
  • To report potential Title IX violations, use this link
  • To report potential bias incidents, use this link
  • For all other concerns, file a BIT report using this link.

For safety and security concerns that require immediate attention, please call Loyola University Police at 504.865.3434. To report a concern about inappropriate activity or violations of Loyola’s health and safety policies, please call the Reportline at 855.312.9257 or enter the report anonymously online.