As part of the Wolf Pack, your college experience extends beyond the classroom. Our COVID-related updates to student services policies address health and safety needs as we come back together as a community.
After extensive consultation with public health experts, Loyola, like many other universities, has made the decision to reduce the density in our residence halls to minimize risk of infection spread. We will also implement enhanced cleaning protocols in common spaces and restrooms.
- We will remove or decommission some furniture in common spaces, residential hall rooms, and offices to create proper social distancing and install directional and informational signage throughout residence halls.
- The cleaning schedule for bathrooms and common areas of residence halls will increase.
- Some residence hall rooms will be set aside to serve as quarantine spaces if needed.
- Students living in residence halls will need to self-assess symptoms using the #CampusClear Daily Symptom Assessment.
All students living in on-campus or off-campus housing during the Fall 2020 semester will be expected to remain in the New Orleans area during the semester, refraining from unnecessary travel until we go home at Thanksgiving. Hurricane evacuations are an exception to this rule and students should follow personal evacuation plans if the university or city calls for an evacuation. If you must travel for other reasons, please call Student Health Services at 504.865.3326 and inform them of your travel plans; you may be asked to self isolate for 14 days upon your return.
Students can register for their move-in day and time via the link provided in their housing assignment email.
- August 17-21 for first year students
- August 17-22 for returning upperclass students
Students will be able to select a two-hour time slot for move-in. Please plan to only arrive within 15 minutes of your check in time. If you arrive early, you will be asked to wait for your designated check in time. Resident students can bring up to two family members to help with move-in.
Delayed Move-In Option:
If you would like to delay your on-campus move for a few weeks, we are happy to facilitate that for you. You could start classes online (or commute if you live nearby) and then come join us in the residence halls.
Students may opt for two delayed weekend arrival dates:
- Saturday and Sunday, September 19 and 20
- Saturday and Sunday, October 3 and 4
Please use this link no later than 24 hours before your scheduled move-in day to let us know if you are choosing to delay your arrival.
Applying for Spring Housing:
Students who are cancelling their housing for the fall and plan to study remotely will be eligible to re-apply for housing in the spring semester. Applications will be available in October. Students will not be guaranteed their same assignment, but we anticipate being to house all students who had a fall assignment in the spring semester.
Contacting Res Life Staff:
Residential Life staff will continue to offer virtual support via phone, video conference, text message, and email during business hours. In-person appointments will be available upon request on a limited basis. Residential Life staff will be available for crisis/emergency support via phone after hours and on weekends. Staff and student employees will receive training on General Health Policies and the process for reporting issues of concern.
Contact Residential Life:
- Email: email@example.com
- Call: 504.865.2445
- Text: 504.384.7711
In partnership with our food provider, Sodexo, Loyola will enact proven precautions and safety practices, combined with transparent and ongoing communication, to offer healthy, safe, and delicious dining options on campus this fall. The campus dining team is taking every precaution to deliver safe, high-quality food in a carefully controlled environment.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE): Employees will wear masks and gloves.
- Hand washing: Staff will continue to wash hands frequently.
- Team member health: Employees will regularly report on their health, including temperature checks.
- Food safety: Self-service options will be eliminated.
- Sanitizing and disinfecting: High-touch surfaces will be cleaned frequently with professional-grade products.
- Social distancing measures: When dining rooms are open, they will have limited seating capacity, updated configurations, and floor markers to encourage social distancing.
- Service during quarantine: We will offer safe meal delivery options to isolated locations for students experiencing symptoms or diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Technology: Touchless entryways, online ordering, cashless payments, and delivery options will limit contact between dining staff and students.
- Carryout and prepackaged options: We will provide expanded options for carryout orders, including delivery where feasible.
For the safety of our campus community, we have suspended our dining reciprocity program with Tulane University until further notice. This will help limit the risk of exposure between students at both universities.
We will continue to make it a priority to meet all dietary and allergy requirements for students. If you require a food accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can connect your campus meal plan to your Grubhub account and place mobile pickup orders through the app. Follow these instructions:
- Download the Grubhub app in the App Store or Google Play
- Create an account or log into your account if you already have one
- On your “My Grubhub” account page, select the Settings (gear) icon in the top right corner
- Once in your Settings, click on the “Campus Dining” option
- Search for Loyola University New Orleans
- Select your affiliation (i.e., “Class of 2023” or “I am faculty / staff”)
- Click the “Add campus card” button to sign in through your SSO Portal and connect your meal plan to your Grubhub account
Loyola will provide shuttle services for students with two options: on-demand services and continuous route services. LOYNO ID cards and masks will be required.
Route between Main Campus, Broadway Campus, and The Alder Hotel
- Every 30 – 45 minutes, depending on traffic
- Hours: Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Call 504.865.3100 to request service
- Hours: Monday – Friday, 6 p.m. – 11 p.m. and Saturday 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Rouses Market
- Whole Foods Market
- Other locations within designated area
Student Life and Ministry
Student Life and Ministry staff will continue to offer virtual support via phone, video conference, and email. In-person appointments will be available upon request on a limited basis. Staff and student employees will receive training on General Health Policies and the process for reporting issues of concern.
Contact Student Life and Ministry:
- Email: email@example.com
- Call: 504.865.3622
Danna Student Center:
The Danna Student Center (DSC) will be open and operational for the Fall 2020 semester. By enforcing strict occupancy limits, all students can maintain proper social distancing requirements while visiting the DSC.
Additionally, we will:
- Remove or decommission furniture in common areas to allow for more space between guests
- Stagger the schedule of student events and prevent events from occurring during high traffic times
- Allow student organizations and departments to host tabling events outdoors and sanitize tables in-between use; handouts or passing out of other materials are prohibited at this time
- Train all SLM staff and building managers on public health measures, signs/symptoms of COVID-19, and steps to take if guidelines are violated
- Sanitize all loaned HUB and media equipment before and after each use
- Monitor cleaning activity in common spaces, including ATMs, vending machines, and water fountains
- Ensure restrictions on third-party rentals in line with state and local guidance and ensure third-parties confirm, in writing, their understanding of and compliance with General Public Health Policies
Iggy’s Cupboard will remain open by appointment to any member of Loyola's community that may need a little extra help. Call Student Life and Ministry at 504.865.3622. Please book an appointment at least two hours in advance.
To help create a safe shopping experience, we will also:
- Provide hand sanitizer at the entrance for guests
- Train our volunteers to maintain a cleaning log following enhanced cleaning protocols
Masks will also be available to students free of charge in Iggy’s Cupboard.
Social distancing, directional signage, and plexiglass shields will be installed in the bookstore to guide and protect patrons. Students will work with bookstore greeters to get answers to their questions and runners will assist with textbook pickup.
Contactless Textbook Delivery:
You can now order your textbooks for contactless delivery from the Loyola Bookstore! To help keep our community safe and healthy – and to make it even easier for you to receive your books – all textbooks will be shipped to students. There will be no textbooks available at the physical bookstore location.
Order now so you have your textbooks available the first day of class!
- Go to LORA and pull up your class schedule
- Per class, click on "View Books" to see what is available to order
- Go to the Bookstore Website
- Click on "Find Textbooks" and use your class schedule to order your textbooks
All textbooks will be shipped to your on-campus or off-campus address, per your instructions.
Use the following addresses if you live on-campus:
Full Legal Name
200 LaSalle Ct.
New Orleans, LA 70118
If you have not received your mailbox number then you can put your room number after the #.
Have questions? Please reach out to the Loyola Bookstore via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
University Sports Complex:
The University Sports Complex (USC) will comply with state and local guidelines for maximum occupancy for gyms, taking into consideration athletic training activities occurring in the same space. The USC will also plan for additional cleaning supplies and services.
- A mask is required to be worn at all times. We ask that everyone maintain social distance while working out and navigating the facility.
- Services such as towels and equipment rental will not be offered at this time. You are encouraged to bring your own towel, yoga mat, basketball, etc.
- Cardio equipment has been appropriately socially distanced and maximum occupancy has been posted for the swimming pool, weight rooms, aerobics room, and locker rooms. We will manage these areas on a first come, first serve basis.
- It is important that we share responsibility in keeping the facility clean and everyone safe. Please be sure to wipe down the equipment before and after each use.
Wolf Pack Athletics:
We will follow all guidelines laid out by the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA). Additionally, coaches and student athletes will be trained on symptom awareness, social distancing in athletic events, and infection prevention and control. We will also increase cleaning services in athletics common areas and provide additional self-cleaning resources to student athletes.
Student Health Services
The Student Health Services (SHS) clinic will be open by appointment only. Appointments are free of charge for students. Students will be responsible for charges incurred for lab work and medications. Students will be informed of the safety protocols and must complete digital paperwork prior to their arrival.
Health Clinic Guidelines:
- No visitors or friends will be allowed in clinic with you.
- The door to the clinic is locked at all times. Please call us to be let into the clinic when you arrive (504-865-3326).
- You must wear a face mask to enter the clinic and keep the mask on unless advised otherwise.
- We will take your temperature at the door prior to you entering.
Students are encouraged to download the free Ochsner Anywhere Care app for 24/7 access to medical providers. Virtual visits cost $10 using the Ochsner Anywhere Care app and the Loyola coupon code LUSTUDENT. Telehealth stations will be located at the Danna Student Center, Founder’s Hall, and the Law School.
Students can call SHS at 504.865.3326, Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 4:45 p.m. For after hours consultations, the Ochsner COVID info hotline 24/7 at 844.888.2772.
The University Counseling Center (UCC) will continue to offer remote counseling in the fall and appointment-only visits in person, available to eligible students. Proof of attendance will be e-mailed to students as necessary.
In-person visits will resume when safe to do so and will follow appropriate health protocols.
Students can call the UCC at 504.865.3835, Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 4:45 p.m. to schedule a phone consultation.
Students can call our counselor on-call 24/7 at 504.865.3835. If you are on-campus and require immediate assistance, please call LUPD at 504.865.3434.
Student Conduct & Title IX
We will hold all student conduct hearings and meetings remotely, unless they can occur in a properly social distanced manner. Student Justice Board and Board of Appeals hearing will also be held remotely. Title IX and Student Conduct reports are still being received and investigated. If you know of a violation or are a victim of sexual misconduct, please report to 504.864.7151.