College of Law Student Services
In partnership with our food provider, Sodexo, Loyola has enacted proven precautions and safety practices, combined with transparent and ongoing communication, to offer healthy, safe, and delicious dining options on campus. The campus dining team is taking every precaution to deliver safe, high-quality food in a carefully controlled environment.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE): Employees wear masks and gloves.
- Hand washing: Staff wash hands frequently.
- Team member health: Employees regularly report on their health, including temperature checks.
- Food safety: Self-service options have been eliminated.
- Sanitizing and disinfecting: High-touch surfaces are cleaned frequently with professional-grade products.
- Social distancing measures: When dining rooms are open, they have limited seating capacity, updated configurations, and floor markers to encourage social distancing.
- Service during quarantine/isolation: Safe meal delivery options to isolated locations for students experiencing symptoms or diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Technology: Touchless entryways, online ordering, cashless payments, and delivery options limit contact between dining staff and students.
- Carryout and prepackaged options: Expanded options for carryout orders, including delivery where feasible.
Market at the BAC Hours:
Seating for dining in the BAC is limited due to social distancing and prioritized for dining for purchased food and food that students bring from home.
Monday – Thursday:
- 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Student Life and Ministry
Student Life and Ministry staff will continue to offer virtual support via phone, video conference, and email. In-person appointments are available upon request on a limited basis. Staff and student employees have received training on General Health Policies and the process for reporting issues of concern.
Contact Student Life and Ministry:
- Email: email@example.com
- Call: 504.865.3622
Broadway Activities Center (BAC):
The student organization and SBA offices located inside of the BAC will be closed for the Spring 2021 semester. Seating for dining in the BAC will be limited due to social distancing and prioritized for dining for purchased food and food that students bring from home.
Iggy’s Cupboard is open by appointment to any member of Loyola's community that may need a little extra help. Call Student Life and Ministry at 504.865.3622. Please book an appointment at least two hours in advance.
To help create a safe shopping experience, we will also:
- Provide hand sanitizer at the entrance for guests
- Train our volunteers to maintain a cleaning log following enhanced cleaning protocols
Social distancing, directional signage, and plexiglass shields will be installed in the bookstore to guide and protect patrons. Students will work with bookstore greeters to get answers to their questions and runners will assist with textbook pickup.
Student Health Services
The Student Health Services (SHS) clinic is open by appointment only. Appointments are free of charge for students. Students are responsible for charges incurred for lab work and medications. SHS staff will conduct temperature checks and questioning upon arrival at the clinic, and appointments will be staggered to limit density in the clinic and waiting room. Health services are also available via telehealth and phone consultation.
Students are encouraged to download the free Ochsner Anywhere Care app for 24/7 access to medical providers. A telehealth station is located in Room 310 at the Law School.
Students can call SHS at 504.865.3326, Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 4:45 p.m. For after-hours consultations, call the Ochsner COVID-19 Info Hotline at 844.888.2772.
The University Counseling Center (UCC) is open to all law students and will continue to offer remote counseling and appointment-only visits in person, available to eligible students. Proof of attendance will be emailed to students as necessary.
In-person visits will resume when safe to do so and will follow appropriate health protocols.
Students can call the UCC at 504.865.3835, Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 4:45 p.m. to schedule a phone consultation.
Students can call our counselor on-call 24/7 at 504.865.3835. If you are on-campus and require immediate assistance, please call LUPD at 504.865.3434.
Student Conduct & Title IX
Detailed information regarding reporting conduct is posted here. All student conduct hearings and meetings will be held remotely, unless they can occur in a properly social distanced manner. Student Justice Board and Board of Appeals hearing will also be held remotely. Title IX and Student Conduct reports are still being received and investigated. If you know of a violation or are a victim of sexual misconduct, please report to 504.864.7151.