Social Distancing Requirements:
This is one of our most powerful tools to help slow and prevent the spread of germs, especially since individuals may spread the coronavirus without feeling any symptoms.
- Keep at least six (6) feet of distance between you and any other individuals at all times—this includes while outdoors, in common areas, and in classrooms.
- We must limit congregations, even in outdoor spaces. Loyola's guidelines limit all social gatherings to 10 people with face masks and social distancing required at all times. Gatherings larger than Loyola's guidelines are subject to being dispersed by the Loyola University Police Department or other university authorities. Loyola may relax restrictions over time depending on the prevalence of the virus on campus and in the New Orleans area.
- School-sanctioned events (those with faculty/staff present) can meet up to the stated capacity in the particular room. Capacity limits are posted outside every public space on campus to allow for proper social distancing.
- Avoid crowded places or congested areas on campus.
- Loyola has a no-touching policy (no handshakes, hugs, or other close contact) for all Loyola community members and visitors to the campus.
- Reduce the sharing of any materials, supplies, food, and utensils.
- Comply with all social distancing markings (e.g., six-foot markers for food lines, capacity limits for elevators, signs requiring use of certain stairwells in a particular direction).