Social Distancing Requirements:
This is one of our most powerful tools to help slow and prevent the spread of germs, especially since individuals may spread the coronavirus without feeling any symptoms.
- Keep at least six (6) feet of distance between you and any other individuals at all times—this includes while outdoors, in common areas, and in classrooms.
- We must limit congregations, even in outdoor spaces. Non-Loyola sanctioned, private social gatherings larger than 10 people are subject to being dispersed by the Loyola University Police Department or other university authorities.
- School-sanctioned events can meet up to the stated capacity in the particular room. Capacity limits are posted outside every public space on campus to allow for proper social distancing. Outdoor capacity with physical distancing is limited to 250 individuals for school sanctioned events.
- Avoid crowded places or congested areas on campus.
- Loyola has a no-touching policy (no handshakes, hugs, or other close contact) for all Loyola community members and visitors to the campus.
- Reduce the sharing of any materials, supplies, food, and utensils.
- Comply with all social distancing markings (e.g., six-foot markers for food lines, capacity limits for elevators, signs requiring use of certain stairwells in a particular direction).