Social Distancing Requirements:
This is one of our most powerful tools to help slow and prevent the spread of germs, especially since individuals may spread the coronavirus without feeling any symptoms.
- Keep at least six (6) feet of distance between you and any other individuals at all times — this includes while outdoors, in common areas, and in classrooms.
- All individuals must limit congregation, even in outdoor spaces. Loyola's guidelines limit all social gatherings to 10 people with face masks and social distancing required at all times. Gatherings larger than Loyola's guidelines are subject to being dispersed by the Loyola University Police Department or other university authorities. Loyola may relax restrictions over time depending on the prevalence of the virus on campus and in the New Orleans area.
- All individuals should avoid crowded places.
- Loyola has a no-touching policy (no handshakes, hugs, or other close contact) for all Loyola community members and visitors to the campus.
- All individuals should reduce the sharing of any materials, supplies, food, and utensils.
- All individuals must comply with all social distancing markings (e.g., six-foot markers for food lines, capacity limits for elevators, signs requiring use of certain stairwells in a particular direction).