Events on Campus
Planning an event on campus? Loyola-sanctioned events and activities need to follow specific health guidelines in order to keep participants and organizers safe and prevent the spread of COVID-19 on our campus. You do not need to request Public Health approval for your event as long as you follow all of the guidelines listed below.
All student organization events must be submitted through HowlConnect for SLM approval (even if your activity is abiding by all public health criteria below).
Per requirements from the City of New Orleans, anyone 12 years of age and older must provide proof of at least one dose of an approved COVID vaccine or negative PCR test within 72 hours in order to access:
- The University Sports Complex and any on-site fitness classes
- Concerts and music halls
- Event spaces for third party events and entertainment rentals
- Outdoor events of more than 500 people if total attendance is more than 50% of the outdoor venue's capacity
Capacity Requirements for Loyola-Sanctioned Events
Any gathering that exceeds the limits of 250 individuals indoors/500 individuals outdoors are subject to the following limitations:
- Indoor events may operate at 50% of capacity without requirements for masking or distancing, OR at 100% of capacity if all participants wear masks through the duration of the event (except while actively eating or drinking).
- Outdoor events may operate at 75% of capacity without requirements for masking or distancing, OR at 100% of capacity if all participants wear masks through the duration of the event (except while actively eating or drinking).
General Guidelines for Loyola-Sanctioned Events
- 6 foot social distance will be kept between unvaccinated participants at all times
- Face masks will be worn by all guests on campus during events
- No sharing items, including pens, beverages, and utensils
- Clean all high touch surfaces between uses (i.e. microphones, clickers, podium)
- For third party groups, you must submit a COVID-19 response plan should one of their guests become exposed or show symptoms and you must follow all current City guidelines for events
- For student organizations only, detailed guidelines can be found on pages 4 – 6 of the Student Organization Guidelines in the COVID-19 Code of Conduct Addendum
Additional Guidance from Louisiana Department of Health in Response to the Delta Variant (Effective August 2, 2021)
- Limiting the size of indoor gatherings, moving events outdoors, or hosting meetings and events virtually to reduce the likelihood of COVID-19 spread.
- All participants of indoor meetings and events are required to be masked.
- People with underlying health conditions that make them more likely to have severe COVID complications should avoid nonessential trips outside of the home.
- Event hosts and facilities should practice strong sanitation and hygiene practices and provide hand sanitizer for those who need it.
- Spaces should be staged to accommodate at least six feet of distance between guests.
- Hosts and guests should avoid activities that require eating/drinking in group settings, especially indoors, whenever possible.
For questions and special inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your event details with a Public Health Team member.