Campus Visitor Policy
COVID-19 Restrictions for Campus Visitors
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Loyola University New Orleans is implementing the following Visitor Restrictions.
Restricted Access to Campus
Access to both Main and Broadway Campus is restricted to students, faculty, staff, designated vendors, and invited guests. Non-essential visitors to campus will not be admitted and may be asked to leave by Administration or the Loyola University Police Department (“LUPD”).
Essential campus visitors and designated vendors must comply with Loyola’s Public Health Policies:
- Loyola requires all individuals on campus to wear, at minimum, a cloth face mask covering their nose and mouth while in all buildings and outside except when that individual is alone (e.g., private offices).
- Loyola requires all individuals to keep at least six (6) feet of distance between each other at all times, including while outdoors, in common areas, and in classrooms.
- Loyola has a no-touching policy (no handshakes, hugs, or other close contact).
- All individuals must comply with all social distancing signage (e.g., 6-foot markers for lines, capacity limits for elevators and rooms, directional signs in stairways and hallways).
- Elevators are limited to the posted capacity. Each person must stand in one of the four corners and wear a mask while in the elevator. Those who are able are encouraged to use the stairs.
- Parents and families during move-in periods to assist their students in accordance with the parameters outlined by Student Affairs and Residential Life.
- Prospective students and their families who pre-register with the Office of Admissions or Law School Admissions Office.
- Designated vendors and service operators with essential campus business.
- Covenant Partners.
- Ride-hailing and food delivery drivers.
- Members of the Ignatius Chapel community attending Mass.
- Persons dropping off or picking up children enrolled at the Whelan Children's Center.
- Guests and organizers of third party events, in accordance with guidelines listed below.
All guests not listed in the above categories are non-essential visitors and may not come to campus unless granted an exception as outlined below.
Procedures for Invited Guests
Campus hosts should complete a guest registration form prior to the guest's arrival.
Requests for access to campus by other populations will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Requests should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 24 hours prior to the desired visit and will be reviewed by Todd Warren. Urgent requests may be communicated by phone to the Loyola University Police Department at 504.865.3434.
In addition to the Campus Visitor Policy outlined above, we will require additional guidelines for any third party events, conferences, or departmental rentals and reservations on campus.
- Groups are responsible for maintaining social distancing policies in conjunction with the policies applied to Loyola University students, faculty, and staff.
- Groups cannot exceed the occupancy regulations/recommendations stated by the Governor’s and/or Mayor’s office for groups and parties. The current occupancy limit for indoor events is 50% or 25 people, whichever is fewer.
- In accordance with City/State guidelines, no live entertainment, dancing, or buffets will be permitted.
- It is expected that each attendee will perform a health self-assessment prior to attending the event.
- Events with 10 or more guests are required to designate a “Wellness Monitor.” Wellness Monitors must watch a brief training video prior to the event. Wellness Monitors will be required to enforce the following:
- Masks must be worn at all times, except when eating or drinking
- Guests must maintain at least 6 feet of distance between each other at all times
- All policies and procedures outlined by the university must be followed
- If a group needs to expand locations based on occupancy limits, then they must rent additional rooms (at the discretion of the Event Services).
- In classrooms and rental space, groups must maintain a minimum of 6 feet of social distance.
- All tables will be placed at least 6 feet apart.
- Only 2 group participants are allowed per 6-foot round table (chairs will be placed on opposite sides of the table).
- Only 1 group participant allowed per 6-foot rectangle table.
- No lecture/theatre seating will be permitted unless 6 feet between group participants is able to be applied.
- Group participants must wear masks for the entire duration of the event, except when eating and drinking. Group participants must bring their own masks and sanitizing chemicals/equipment for use during the event.
- Group participants are responsible for wipes in meeting and classroom spaces to sanitize throughout the event.
- Groups must submit a COVID-19 response plan should one of their guests become exposed or show symptoms.
- All groups must submit a full roster of all group participants. This list must include full names, contact information (cell phone and email) and permanent address. Only group participants on the list will be allowed to enter the rental space.
- Loyola has a no-touching policy (no handshakes, hugs, or other close contact) for all Loyola community members and visitors to the campus.
- All individuals must comply with all social distancing markings (e.g., 6-foot markers for food lines, capacity limits for elevators, directional signs, etc.)
- Elevators have marked capacity requirements. Guest participants are expected to follow maximum occupancy and social distancing guidelines.
- Catering will be grab-and-go.
- Guest participants must wipe down clickers, microphones, flip charts/markers, and podium before and after each individual use.
- If the group does not follow guidelines, Loyola University New Orleans has the authority to end the event.