Campus Visitor Policy
COVID-19 Restrictions for Campus Visitors
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Loyola University New Orleans is implementing the following Visitor Restrictions.
Restricted Access to Campus
Access to both Main and Broadway Campus is restricted to students, faculty, staff, designated vendors, and invited guests. Non-essential visitors to campus will not be admitted and may be asked to leave by Administration or the Loyola University Police Department (“LUPD”).
Essential campus visitors and designated vendors must comply with Loyola’s Public Health Policies:
- Loyola requires all individuals on campus to wear, at minimum, a cloth face mask covering their nose and mouth while in all buildings and outside except when that individual is alone (e.g., private offices).
- Loyola requires all individuals to keep at least six (6) feet of distance between each other at all times, including while outdoors, in common areas, and in classrooms.
- Loyola has a no-touching policy (no handshakes, hugs, or other close contact).
- All individuals must comply with all social distancing signage (e.g., 6-foot markers for lines, capacity limits for elevators and rooms, directional signs in stairways and hallways).
- Parents and families during move-in periods to assist their students in accordance with the parameters outlined by Student Affairs and Residential Life.
- Prospective students and their families who pre-register with the Office of Admissions or Law School Admissions Office.
- Designated vendors and service operators with essential campus business.
- Covenant Partners.
- Ride-hailing and food delivery drivers.
- Members of the Ignatius Chapel community attending Mass.
- Persons dropping off or picking up children enrolled at the Whelan Children's Center.
- Guests and organizers of third party events, in accordance with guidelines listed below.
All guests not listed in the above categories are non-essential visitors and may not come to campus unless granted an exception as outlined below.
Requests for access to campus by other populations will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Requests should be sent to email@example.com at least 24 hours prior to the desired visit and will be reviewed by Todd Warren. Urgent requests may be communicated by phone to the Loyola University Police Department at 504.865.3434.