Return to Campus

Visit our FAQ website for the latest information about health and safety.

Back to Top

Faculty | Student Affairs

How will accommodations work for the spring semester?

The Office of Accessible Education works with students who have health conditions that require official accommodation. Students should contact the Office of Accessible Education if they have any concerns about returning to campus for classes. The OAE works with all colleges to provide all-online schedules where they are needed.

Will tutoring and other student support services still be available through the Pan-American Life Student Success Center?

Yes, the Pan-American Life Student Success Center will continue to provide tutoring, career, coaching, and advising services. All of these services are available virtually to students to help reduce density and meet social distancing requirements.

I have a student who has shared with me that they are experiencing financial difficulty as a result of this crisis. Is there someone at Loyola they can speak to about emergency aid or financial options?

Yes, they should speak with Mary Musso, director of Student Financial Services. She may be reached via email at Questions may also be sent to Student Financial Services at; this account is being monitored daily.

Is BIT still meeting? How do I report issues of concern?

Yes, Loyola’s Behavioral Intervention Team (BIT) continues to meet virtually on a weekly basis.

  • To report potential violations of the Student Code of Conduct, use this link. 
  • To report potential Title IX violations, use this link
  • To report potential bias incidents, use this link
  • For all other concerns, file a BIT report using this link.

For safety and security concerns that require immediate attention, please call Loyola University Police at 504.865.3434. To report a concern about inappropriate activity or violations of Loyola’s health and safety policies, please call the Reportline at 855.312.9257 or enter the report anonymously online.

What types of issues can I report to BIT?

Please report if students are struggling to obtain reliable internet connections, computers, printers, etc. In addition, BIT addresses concerns such as: Academic Difficulty; Alcohol or Drug Abuse; Changed Mood/Appearance; Disordered Eating; Excessive Absence from Class; Family Emergency; Family Illness; Financial Aid Concern; Grief and/or Loss; Injury/Illness; Missing Student; Personal Wellness; Relationship Concern; Retention Concern; Roommate; Self-injurious behavior (e.g. cutting without suicide intent); Social Adjustment/Involvement; Student Death; Suicide Ideation; Threat to Others; Unusual Behavior; and housing/food insecurity.

What if a student is experiencing a mental health crisis?

Students can call the UCC counselor on-call 24/7, 365 at 504.865.3835. If a student is on-campus and requires immediate assistance, please call LUPD at 504.865.3434.

Is Iggy’s Cupboard still open to students?

Iggy’s Cupboard will remain open by appointment (Monday – Friday noon to 7 p.m., weekends noon to 5 p.m.) to any member of Loyola's community that may need a little extra help. Schedule a time to visit online. Please book an appointment at least two hours in advance.

Additional resources:

  • For food assistance within the greater New Orleans area, please visit or dial 211. 
  • For food assistance in Louisiana, contact Second Harvest Food Bank Southeast Louisiana at or call 855.392.9338.
  • Students can access free or reduced resources, including food, housing, healthcare, and more through the social care network at